- Bringing sea lions to the zoo with an exhibit at the main entrance that eventually could include entertainment.
- Creating an interactive exhibit honoring the legacy of former zoo director Jack Hanna.
- Tripling the size of the African Safari exhibit, which is to open in May.
- Providing transportation from one side of the zoo to the other.
- Renovating the North America exhibit.
- Building a new animal hospital.
- Enlarging the zoo’s aquarium building.
Saturday, January 11, 2014
The hope is zoo attendance of about 2 million visitors a year could grow to 3 million a year with the addition new exhibits. Plans also call to add a satellite zoo in downtown Columbus along the Scioto River, estimated to cost $50 million to $65 million to build.
So it looks like a South America region is off the table. Which of these future plans do you like the best? What do you think they need?